Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tuesday Sonnet

I wrote a sonnet for every day of the work week. Tuesday was a little harder to write about than Monday, but I found some things to complain about. Here's Tuesday's:

Tuesday Sonnet 
They say Tuesday's child is full of grace
I would say that it's a disaster.
There are two events I don't embrace
That make Tuesday a glum downcaster. 
Tuesday's the day, in most of the States
When they hold primary elections.
Where we extract from a few inmates
Our "favorite" bad selections. 
And as if that wasn't bad enough,
We not only pick the nuthatches,
The second Tuesday of every month...
The release of Microsoft patches! 
Now, I know pols are needed so that we can have laws,
But, I wish Bill Gates could patch D.C.'s intellectual flaws.

No comments:

Post a Comment